What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Site, including but not limited to, your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us to use the Site. This information may include your name, your company name and address, a summary of your company’s business, telephone number, email address and any messages or content you submit.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
Information for young people
If you are under the age of 16, we will collect the following data to ensure that you experience is meaningful, fun and most importantly of all - safe.
- First name only
- email address (if over age 13), If under 13 you will be required to request permission from a parent to use their email address for Shaped By Us correspondence. (This information will only be viewed by the administrators of SBU).
- Interests (This information will only be shared with other members of your team and admin).
- Skills (This information will only be shared with other members of your team and admin).
Using your personal information
- Administer the Site
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the content, views and site features;
- Enable your use of the services available on the Site;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you marketing communications relating to Shaped By Us which we think may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- Notify you about changes to our website services;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but this information will not be used to identify any individual user); and
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
-To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Cornwall Shaped By Us, our partners, or others; and
Security of your personal information
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the Site). We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Third party websites
The Site contains links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Science Environment Arts Ltd.
Sea’s main trading address is Unit 9, Jubilee Wharf, Commercial Road, Penryn, TR10 8FG.
www.Cornwall.ShapedByUs.org is a site licenced by Cornwall Council. When registering on this site, user will agree to sharing their information with Cornwall Council.
Cornwall Council’s main trading address is at New County Hall, Treyew Road,TruroTR1 3AY.
Cornwall Council is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for data protection purposes and its data protection registration number is Z5464625.